If you haven't heard the news, just yesterday, on October 6, the world's most influential "pimp" was arrested. Backpage CEO, Carl Ferrer was arrested after a 3 year long investigation involving both California and Texas authorities. Backpage.com serves as the single most powerful engine that fuels the trafficking of children and adults online on an international scale. All over the world, traffickers & sex purchasers utilize Backpage to facilitate the buying and selling of victims through online ads of which Backpage profits over $1M each month in California alone. The global scale of these profits is not even yet known.
This is a huge step toward dismantling the evil that flourishes in the underground world of human trafficking. But this is just the first step.
Please pray with us for God to move in the following ways:
- Pray for justice against Carl Ferrer and other Backpage executives who have been complicit in the trafficking of individuals online.
- Pray that Backpage would be shut down entirely for it's illegal activity, or at the very least, that their escort services ad section would be shut down.
- Pray for the hundreds of thousands of victims impacted as a result of being exploited & sold through Backpage all around the world.
- Pray for intervention for victims through rescue, safe housing, and trauma informed services to aid in their healing.
- Pray for the provision of more safe housing for victims of sex trafficking. Currently there are less than 600 placements available in all of the United States for victims of sex trafficking.
If you'd like to help Redeeming Love provide 6 additional placement options for victims of sex trafficking, simply click below.